Quantum Efficiency Measurement System QE-2000
High accurate and instant absolute quantum efficiency measurement is possible for powder, solution and solid sample. Stray light effect in UV wavelength region is substantially eliminated. Further, high sensitivity is achieved thanks to integrating hemisphere as detector, and re-excitation elimination function enables to obtain “True property” of phosphor characteristics.
- Instant absolute quantum efficiency (yield) measurement
- Re-excitation eliminating function
- Optically optimized geometry using integrating hemisphere
- Low stray light array spectrometer for detector
- User friendly software
- Easy cell loading and unloading
- Excitation wavelength is selectable by user’s choice
- Automatic measurement after choosing wavelength and intervals.
- Versatile samples; powder, liquid, solid and film
- Various analysis functions
- Quantum efficiency (yield)
- Excitation wavelength dependency
- Emission spectrum
- PL excitation spectrum
- EEM (Excitation Emission Matrix)
- LED and OLED Materials
- Thin film state sample such as Remote Phosphor
- Quantum dot, fluorescent probe, biotechnology, clathrate
- Dye sensitized solar cell
- Complex Chemistry
QE-2000 equips integrating hemisphere which has various unique features what others don’t have.
- Optimized geometry enables non-emissive part locating outside making self-absorption effect minimized
- Mirror surface to achieve approx. double illuminance than existing integrating (full)sphere
- Easy cell loading and unloading to reduce the risk of damaging inside of sphere
True property cannot be obtained under the condition of re-excitation emission being included because apparatus property is included. Making use of advantage of integrating hemisphere, QE-2000 enables accurate measurement using re-excitation eliminating functions.
Instead of existing detector which gave significant amount of stray light, Otsuka newly invented a stray light eliminating solution. It is clearly seen that the array spectrometer used for QE-2000 has stray light 1/5 of the existing model (orange-colored spectrum).
|Theoretical resolution per pixel||1.0nm||0.5nm||1.6nm||0.8nm||1.4nm||0.7nm||1.4nm||0.7nm|
|Number of channel pixel||512ch||1024ch||512ch||1024ch||512ch||1024ch||512ch||1024ch|
|Detector||Electro-cooling CCD Image Sensor|
|Spectrometer optics||Flat Field Type F=3 f=85.8mm|
|Excitation light source|
|Light source||150W Xenon Lamp|
|Band width||FWHM 5nm / Slit 0.6mm|
|Protection from excitation light||Automatic Shutter|
|Size||φ150mm Hemisphere HalfMoon|
|For powder||SUS 304, w/o Quartz Cover|
|For liquid (room temperature)||Quartz Solution Cell(open type)|
|Supply voltage||AC100–120V/AC 200–230V|
|Quantum efficiency (yield)
Excitation wavelength dependency of Quantum Efficiency (yield)
PL excitation spectra
EEM (Excitation Emission Matrix)
Transmittance / Absorption spectra
Color calculation (Chromaticity, CCT, Ra, etc.)
- Auto Sampler
- Sample Cell
The quantum efficiency (yield) depends on excitation wavelength. The relationship between quantum efficiency (yield) of BAM and excitation wavelength is shown on the right. (BAM = BaMgAl10O17:Eu)
・Blue(left): Internal quantum efficiency (yield) after re-excitation correction
・Red(right): Reflectance at each excitation wavelength
In case of BAM from above study, the closer to visual range the excitation wavelength is, the lower absorptance becomes, in another word the higher reflectance.
The excitation spectrum is the spectrum showing at which wavelength fluorescence intensity becomes max. Excitation spectrum of fluorescein (blue) and emission spectrum at 493nm excitation where fluorescence intensity becomes maximized (green).
Fluorescence spectrum (including excitation) of fluorescein solution at 493nm excitation wavelength is shown on right. The internal quantum efficiency (yield) was calculated as 0.903(Concentration: 6.43x10-6 mol/L) which is equivalent with literature value.
Quantum dot is a new material which works in choosing optical property by changing its chemical structure. Excitation spectrum and fluorescence spectrum at 370nm excitation wavelength of quantum dot are shown as below.
|High Sensitivity NIR Quantum Efficiency Measurement System QE-5000|
|Total Luminous Flux Measurement System HM/FM Series|